- HawkEye™ high-resolution digital camera wheel alignment works with patented technology and offers us multiple advantages in precision, speed and productivity.
- WinAlign® wheel alignment software includes the largest vehicle information database and is designed to provide the highest possible efficiency.
The measurement accuracy is ten times more accurate than conventional camera wheel aligners.
Hunter Wheel alignment Birmingham here at Flaxley Tyres is performed on all car makes and models. For BMW and MINI, an exclusive software with original data is available.
Thanks to this modern laser wheel alignment system, our expertly trained Flaxley Tyres team can inform you of the results of such measurement within a short time and restore the axle geometry in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
The chassis of modern cars are complicated technical components. Wear of the moving parts or heavy contact with kerbs or potholes also affects the chassis geometry, resulting in one-sidedly worn tyres, poor cornering and difficulties when driving straight ahead. So to keep you, your passengers and other road users safe, wheel alignment should be carried out at regular intervals.
Why should wheel alignment be carried out regularly?
Only very few drivers have their car's wheels measured regularly. A correctly adjusted lane has a direct effect on the handling of the vehicle and the safety of its occupants. Even the slightest changes in the axle geometry mean that your car is no longer positioned optimally on the tyres and that the general braking and driving behaviour will deteriorate significantly.
Typical symptoms of an incorrectly adjusted track:
- A strong pull to the right or left
- Increased driving noise
- Greater rolling resistance
- Tyre tread is unevenly worn
- Increasing fuel consumption.
If your car pulls strongly to the right or left all by itself, the steering wheel is slightly tilted when driving straight ahead, and your vehicle is difficult to control in a curve, wheel alignment is urgently recommended.
Otherwise, you are driving with an increased safety risk, and the mileage of the tyres is reduced by up to 80% because the tyre's tread pattern is worn off on one side due to the incorrect position in relation to the road. In addition, there is increased wear on shock absorbers, wheel bearings and other chassis components.
What role do camber and toe play in wheel alignment?
For optimum driving characteristics and perfect control, the wheels of your vehicle should be as vertical and parallel to each other on the road as possible. The angle between the perpendicular to the asphalt and the actual position of the car tyre is called camber—the parallel alignment of the front and rear wheels as a toe.
- Wrong toe: If the distance between the front wheels is different in relation to the distance between the rear wheels, this has a direct effect on the toe behaviour. For example, an incorrectly adjusted toe ensures a slight pull while driving - either to the right or left. The smallest changes are particularly noticeable on straight tracks.
- Wrong camber: In case of positive camber, the wheel is tilted outwards in the upper area, in case of a negative camber it is turned inwards accordingly. Minimal misalignments can already cause a one-sided downhill ride.
Hunter Wheel alignment Birmingham - Flaxley Tyres
What is wheel alignment, what procedures exist and how are they carried out?
During wheel alignment, the current actual values of camber and toe of your car are determined and compared with the target values of the car manufacturer. If a specific tolerance range is exceeded or undercut, appropriate settings must be made.
There are two different methods available to correctly adjust toe and camber - laser wheel alignment and 3D wheel alignment.
- Laser wheel alignment: Most workshops now use wheel alignment using laser technology, where individual sensors are attached to each wheel. The laser scans the position of these markers, transmits the values to a computer and analyses whether and to what extent the toe or camber is adjusted. Since this procedure is quite complex, the exact wheel alignment can take between 30 minutes and up to two hours.
- 3D wheel alignment: During 3D measurement, reflectors are also attached to the wheels. However, the vehicle is then photographed with a special camera and digitally translated into a three-dimensional model. Within a few minutes, existing differences in the axle geometry can be determined and corrected.
When and how often should wheel alignment be carried out?
In contrast to wearing parts, there are no fixed maintenance intervals or manufacturer's specifications for wheel alignment or track adjustment. Therefore, such an inspection is usually subject to your discretion.
Nevertheless, it is advisable to check the treads at home regularly or pop into our workshop from time to time for a quick check.
We hope, we could answer most of your questions in regards to wheel alignment Birmingham.
If you need more information or would like to get your vehicles alignment checked. Please get in touch.