- More or less strong vibrations of the steering wheel when driving
- During a visual inspection, it is noticed that the tires have travelled unevenly.
We recommend that you have the tyres of your vehicle checked regularly at our workshop.
The consequences of the imbalance can be:
- The impairment of ride comfort due to the vibrations
- Increased wear on the chassis
- An uneven and accelerated tire wear
Even an imbalance of ten grams acts as a centrifugal force when driving at 60 mph like 2.5 kilograms! A trembling steering wheel and vibrations in the vehicle, especially in the speed range between 50 and 75 mph, are the noticeable consequences. In addition, come as long-term damage uneven tyre wear and an additional burden on the suspension and the wheel bearings.
A well-rotating wheel is an important contribution to your driving safety and driving comfort. Have your wheels balanced regularly, for example when changing from winter to summer tyres.
WHEEL BALANCING: WE DO IT QUICKLY AND EASILY FOR YOU
We as your tyre specialist handle the process quickly and easily - and of course at the best price! The exact costs depend on the vehicle type and age.
- Take advantage of our expertise in tire and wheel change
- Rely on our many years of experience
- Trust in our highly qualified staff
- Let us provide you with more security
- Benefit from our offers such as tire changing including balancing in a cost-effective overall package
- Take advantage of our quick service: The tire change is made while you wait with us. The quick service is possible with and without appointment.
SO THAT YOUR WHEELS ARE BALANCED CORRECTLY
For steady, dynamic balancing, the tyre mechanic determines unequal mass distributions of tyre and rim. With the help of a balancing machine, the deviations are localised and can then be levelled by attaching balancing weights on the wheel. Here we rely on modern centering and clamping technology. To protect the environment, the weights are now no longer made of lead, but made of zinc. These are either clamped to the rim flange, the outwardly bent edge of the rim, or glued to the rim base on alloy rims (aluminium rims). The cleaning of the wheel hub and the correct torque when tightening the wheels complete the balancing result and ensure optimum concentricity.
BENEFIT FROM THE PROFESSIONAL BALANCING AT FLAXLEY TYRES
- Through balancing harmful centrifugal forces are avoided
- This extends the life of your tyres
- Damage to the wheel bearing and suspension is avoided
- So you have optimal safety and peace of mind at a fair cost
HOW OFTEN SHOULD WHEELS BE BALANCED?
- Balancing your wheels is necessary about every six months.
- It makes sense to have this done when getting a new tyre or changing your summer or winter tyres.
Cheap four-wheel alignment in Birmingham and the surrounding areas – Flaxley Tyres!